After reading The Mighty Asparagus, you could write your own folktale based on a vegetable growing in your garden. Many of us could easily imagine "The Giant Zuchinni" or other amazing vegetable story!
Here are some Reader's Theatre versions of The Enormous Turnip that you can try:
- The Great Big Enormous Turnip - adapted at Timeless Teacher Stuff
- The Great Big Enormous Turnip - adapted by Debbie Rickards
For more connections with the book:
- Read the reviews on Goodreads
- Lesson plan - from Network for a Healthy California (part of a program called "Eat Your Books"!
- Learn some facts about asparagus - Michigan Asparagus Board website